Application Process For The Homestay Program
- Complete the Homestay Application for Host Families.
- The Lord Selkirk School Division requires all applicants to submit a Criminal Record Check and evidence of clearance from Child Abuse Registry for all household members who are 18 years and older.
- Criminal Record Checks must be obtained through the RCMP office at 1019 Manitoba Ave. (Clerks are available Monday – Saturday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m) You need 2 pieces of ID, of which one must have a picture.* As of May 2013 the fee for a criminal record search is $10.00. You must provide either a money order or certified cheque, payable to the Receiver General. Cash will NOT be accepted. (Money orders can be obtained at banks and at any postal outlet for a charge depending on your financial institution)
- Child Abuse Registry forms are required for all members of the family over the age of 18 years old, please contact program personnel to receive the forms. Only Section B needs to be completed by the homestay family. Once completed please return to program personnel so we can verify your ID to complete Section A.
- It is the responsibility of all applicants to inform the International Student program personnel of any change in status.
- To have your application reviewed please return all materials to:Karen Murray
International Student Program
Lord Selkirk High School
221 Mercy St.
Selkirk, MB R1A 2C8
(204) 482-6926 ext. 3274
- Program personnel will call to arrange a visit to your home to assess the accommodations for the student and interview the family.
- Contact with the family will be made when we have a suitable match with family and student.