Become a Homestay Family
Responsibility of Homestay Parent.
- Student will have his/her own bedroom, with window, lamp, dresser, bedding, closet
- Provide transportation to the airport on student’s departure date
- Criminal record check and vulnerability sector; in addition to child abuse registry.
- Live in school division catchment area.
- Treat student with respect and acceptance.
- Meet your student at the Airport.
- Attend a mandatory homestay meeting in august
- Bathroom and bathing facility/ laundry facility and procedures for use.
- All meals and reasonable snacks
- Fire extinguisher/ working smoke detectors
- Meet reasonable transportation needs. This does not include daily transportation to and from school.
Advice from Past Homestay Parents:
“Make sure to be patient and spend time with your student just talking about their culture, home and family”
“This was a great first experience, my student was an excellent fit into our family”
“I am looking forward to hosting again, it was a great experience for my family”
“The staff was great, every time I was uncertain of something I was always given a clear direction or understanding which helped me tremendously”
“Don’t think of your student as a guest, think of them as a new friend and family member for life! We still keep in touch with all our previous students”